1. Tenoverten Talk about chic. When I first laid eyes on Tenoverten’s Tribeca location, I didn’t know what to make of it. This is a nail salon? It certainly doesn’t look like it. With upholstered love-seats that will put your somber neighborhood salon’s beat-up faux leather massage chairs to shame, Tenoverten’s clean use of decor not only makes the space feel airy, but tranquil and bright.
2. Paintbox One word “photobooth”. Well I guess that’s technically two words? But you catch my drift! Is this real life? A salon with a built in photo booth for your nails. Uh.May.Zing.
3. Jinsoon Besides the flawless nail art you’re bound to receive, get treated to custom Jinsoon nail polish. I find myself really appreciating nail salons with the entrepreneurial savvy to truly satisfy every client’s dream hue. What better way than by creating a series of polishes in-house.
4. Nails by Mei Also known by her Instagram name “CiaoManhattan2012″, Mei Kawajiri is a freelance nail artist based here in New York City. With an impressive resume of celebrities, social media stars, and fashion influencers, Mei has really made a name for herself in this field —and breathed life into consciously accepting ‘nail art’ as a trend. Featured in CR Fashion Book‘s Issue 8, Mei’s artistry really expresses the fact that besides the photographer, there is an immense visionary force behind fashion and beauty editorials —a team of creatives who collectively complement each other to produce the final work. To join the #NailsByMei ranks, and make your nails speak for you, do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment with her. By appointment only, she is available at her Little Italy studio, or sit back and relax with a $130 house call.
Settle for classic hand and foot therapies, or indulge in your choice of skin beautifying treatments.
6. Haven Spa NYC Although it can be fun to play around with wild designs and nail art, sometimes minimalism is key —sophisticated and elegant, with a little bit of edge. I tested out both approaches at this Soho, New York location. With an endless array of nail colors; traditional lacquer and Shellac gel, after both visits, I left not only satisfied with the outcome of my nail treatments, but pleasantly surprised by how long each manicure lasted. You know you’ve found a good place when the service you received onsite is great, and your manicure is still intact after a week and a half!