- May 1, 2017
- 2 min read
Met Gala 2017 - Emma Roberts
—makeup by Charlotte Tilbury
“This look is all about a dreamy, lit-from-within glow on flawless, pore-less contoured skin, soft, rose-gold metallics on the eyes to make them look bigger and brighter, and sumptuous, fuller, wider Pillow Talk supermodel natural lips.”
"Scream Queens" leading lady and "American Horror Story" starlet, Emma Roberts, was a visual inferno at tonight's Met Gala. With a blush pink stole to cool the flames, Emma's beauty needs were satisfied by celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury. Creating an "illuminating Beauty Glow" look for the actress, here are Charlotte Tilbury's steps on achieving this red carpet glam.
1. Charlotte prepped Emma’s skin the night before using her Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask and Overnight Bronze and Glow Mask so she already had glowing, natural looking tan skin. To hydrate the skin that morning, she applied her cult-favorite Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Magic Eye Rescue underneath the eye. To create a luminous base, Charlotte applied the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow to help redirect light and create a spotlight effect on the carpet followed by the Charlotte Magic Foundation in 2 Fair and 3 Fair for a flawless finish. She then applied with the Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 1 underneath Emma’s eyes for instant brightness and luminosity.
2. Next, Charlotte brushed up Emma’s already gorgeous brows with Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Rita to frame her smoldering eyes. She fixed them with Legendary Brows in Clear.
3. To create a soft, shimmering modern rose-gold metallic look that played up Emma’s beautiful green-hazel eyes, and pull out the amber lights in them. Charlotte first curled Emma’s lashes using her Life Changing Lashes eyelash curler. Next, Charlotte mixed the prime and enhance from Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette in Beauty Glow Palette and Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita on the lid and smudging it out underneath the eye. She then elongated Emma’s eye using The Classic Eyeliner in Audrey and added the Rock N’ Kohl Pencil in Eye Cheat Pencil to make her eyes look even bigger and brighter and whiter. She topped off the eye look with the pop shade in the Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita to create a 3-dimensional shimmer on Emma’s eye. Finally, she amped up the eye with lashings and lashings of Legendary Lashes Mascara.
4. To achieve Emma’s Hollywood contour, Charlotte sculpted Emma’s cheekbones with the Filmstar Bronze & Glow from her Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette in Beauty Glow. She added pops of dreamy highlighter from the palette to the tops of the cheekbones and the Cupid’s Bow for ultimate Beauty Glow. For additional dewiness, Charlotte added the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick Lip To Cheek Dewy Colour Pop in Moon Beach onto Emma’s cheekbones.
5. Charlotte re-sized Emma’s lips with her best-selling Lip Cheat Line Liner in Pillow Talk and Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk to tie the look together. What a stunningly rich hue!
6. To finish off the look, Charlotte contoured Emma’s arms and legs with Supermodel Body and a magic halo of Scent of a Dream.